Trying out new recipes over the weekend turns your day into a productive and slightly adventurous one. If you have kids or just trying your hand at baking then this recipe is perfect for you as it is easy enough to follow where the end result is always a plate of fresh and delicious strawberry pizza, that you can share with the family or maybe even binge by yourself. For this recipe, you can use freshly picked strawberries or the ones you buy from the store and this fruit pizza with sugar cookie crust will turn out amazing. It is super simple to make and takes almost no time which makes waiting for the hardest part about making this strawberry pizza.
Even if you have never made a fruit pizza before, it is still a great one to start off with. It is very easy to put together, so it’s perfect for beginners and even a fun thing to do with your kids. This strawberry pizza recipe has it all, giving you all the fresh, creamy, and sweet flavors, your tastebuds are longing for.
Things you need for the strawberry pizza recipe:
Before starting off, it’s important to have the ingredients read. The list is not too complicated and is only made up of simple ingredients that are easy to find in a grocery store. The main thing of course is the strawberries that will be the staple item of the recipe so make sure to pick the freshest ones you can find. So here’s a list of all the essential items you will need:
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries
- 12-inch pizza pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
How To Make Strawberry Pizza?
- For the crust, you should use a mixer, if it seems a bit crumbly just use your hands and form it into a ball. It will come together nicely.
- Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet. You can make it round or you can make it into a rectangular depending on your mood and preference.
- Then pop it in the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees F or until lightly golden brown.
- While the dough is is baking and cooling you can carefully prepare your cream cheese mixture and your strawberry mixture. When it’s ready, you can spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled cookie crust.
- For the sauce, you can either use a processor or just use your hands. Using the processor however will give you a more evenly done sauce, which the hands can’t do. Using your hands may make the sauce more chunky. You should make sure to cook the strawberry mixture until it thickens and becomes glossy. At the start, it will look cloudy but as you cook it will become more glossy as it thickens. This will take around 5 minutes or so and then you should cool the mixture. Be sure to stir continuously and consistently so it doesn’t burn. Then you can spread this cooled strawberry mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- The last step is to chop the fresh strawberries and place them nicely on the sauce.
We hope this strawberry pizza will be something you or your family look forward to making over the weekend for a tasty treat that everyone can enjoy. A fresh strawberry pizza is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth craving while not having to eat out. Which makes it a healthier option for everyone keeping everyone safe during the quarantine.
Ingredients for strawberry pizza recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 10-12 strawberries sliced
In a bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, and butter. Form into a ball with hands and press or roll into a 14″ circle on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
Bake at 325 Degrees F for 15 minutes. Let it cool.
In a bowl combine cream cheese, vanilla, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Spread on the cooled crust.
In a saucepan over medium heat combine the strawberries, granulated sugar, and cornstarch. Keep stirring and simmering until it’s thick and glossy. Let it cool.
Spread on top the of cheese filling.
Cut the fresh strawberries crosswise to make circles and place them on the pizza and serve.
Calories: 246kcal (12%) Carbohydrates: 26g (9%) Protein: 3g (6%) Fat: 15g (23%) Saturated Fat: 9g (56%) Cholesterol: 44mg (15%) Sodium: 136mg (6%) Potassium: 74mg (2%) Fiber: 1g (4%) Sugar: 17g (19%) Vitamin A: 522IU (10%) Vitamin C: 13mg (16%) Calcium: 28mg (3%) Iron: 1mg (6%)